Tuesday, March 3, 2009

T.I. Talks 50 Cent, Grand Hustle, New Film ‘Takers’ With Chris Brown, and More

Photo of rapper T.I.
Rapper T.I. recently spoke about his appearance in 50 Cent’s diss cartoon, his reality TV show Road to Redemption, preparing for his one year jail sentence, label Grand Hustle, his future plans, new film “Takers” starring Chris Brown amongst others, and more.

As recently reported, rapper T.I. recently responded to being placed in one of 50 Cent’s diss cartoons entitled “Officer Ricky: Welcome To Death Row Right Now Na Na Na” which is a 4th episode of 50 Cent’s series of cartoon animations called “Saturday Cartoons Presents” aimed at dissing hip-hop rival Rick Ross.

“I’m a real dude - a stand up guy with integrity, respect, morals, standards, [and] principles, and anything outside of that I ain’t got nothing to do with,” T.I. stated in his interview with XXLMag, refusing to participate in any virtual hip-hop beef with rapper 50 Cent or any other rapper for that matter.

“I haven’t seen it but, we all know dude,” continued T.I. referring to the cartoon series and it’s founder, rapper 50 Cent. “We all know his intentions, we all know his motives. We’ve seen this too many times before. You know, I play chess, not checkers, you dig? I ain’t even trippin’ off of that. At the end of the day, I’m more worried or concerned about what a man says to me or what a man does to me, not what he says or does in the eyes of the public,” the rapper added.

The rapper mentioned that, while preparing to serve his jail sentence, he’s trying to do whatever he can for his label, Grand Hustle, and the roster of artists to prepare it and them for his year of absence.

“I’m in there doing everything I can while I’m there to help from a production standpoint, a lyrical, creative standpoint,” stated T.I. regarding the label Grand Hustle then adds, “Whether they need help with hooks or need verses, beats, ideas or just insight, you know. Just everything I can..” in regards to what he’s doing for his Grand Hustle’s roster of artists.

Grand Hustle artist roster includes rappers Young Dro, Yung LA, Killer Mike, 8Ball and MJG, Big Kuntry King, female group Xtaci, and more.

In the interview, T.I. also talks about his reality show the “Road To Redemption” and what was part of the show’s purpose.

“Road to Redemption is primarily geared towards helping those who have yet to find a way to help themselves,” stated T.I.

Since he is preparing to start serving his jail time which begins this March 27, 2009 on 2007 weapons charges, the rapper goes into his future plans afterward which is to put focus on his acting career, production roles in movies such as in his debut production movie “Takers” which was originally named “Bone Deep,” his fashion line AKOO and expanding his portfolio.

“I’m looking forward to pushing that [AKOO] past the point of $100 million,” stated T.I. “[Also] my film career as an actor and producer. I just produced my first film with Screen Gems, a film called Takers with Chris Brown, Idris Elba, Michael Ealy, Hayden Christensen, Matt Dillon and Paul Walker. I’m looking to do more films as a producer and as an actor. Doing more television shows and producing more television. Also, my sports management company, the sports management division of Grand Hustle. We’re looking forward to creating opportunities and marketing athletes and turning them into brands, not just athletes,” added T.I.

The full interview can be found online at the XXL Magazine website.

No comments: