Monday, October 27, 2008

TI Pictures

http://www.media.wmg-is.com/media/portal/atlantic/media/image/200412/ti-pub03-2004-low_31408301.jpg

n a recent interview with Rhapsody.com, T.I. addressed a number of issues on his recent Paper Trail [click to read] album, including paying tribute to slain friend Philant Johnson [click to read], a potential hiatus from album-making, and addressing the 2008 conflict with fellow Atlanta rapper Shawty Lo.

http://img2.timeinc.net/ew/dynamic/imgs/070517/smp/ti_l.jpg

T.I., T.I. vs. TIP
T.I., the rap charmer whose Grammy-nominated album King went platinum last year, may have millions of fans, but he's got at least one mortal enemy — namely, the gruff-if-familiar-looking thug who calls himself TIP. The two characters represent warring aspects of the man born Clifford Harris Jr., and his fifth LP includes songs from each perspective. ''I hope I can satisfy both sides of my personality,'' the Atlanta native says. ''They're very evenly matched.'' As well as recording with Eminem, Akon, Justin Timberlake, and others, he's been planning a movie to dramatize the disc's split-identity concept. ''Once I set out to do something,'' he says, ''it's done. I wouldn't allow myself to take the easy way out.'' Release date: 7/3


http://www.datpiff.com/images/tapes/Paper-Trailfacing-All-Kinds-Of-Time-But-Smile-Li-mid14384-large.jpg

The title of T.I.'s sixth album is purportedly a reference to his approach to lyric writing. However, considering the extensive warrants obtained for his recent gun possession arrests, one can't help but see the irony. So, perhaps Paper Trail is less about artistic method than it is about Cliff Harris' penance. Old friends like Danja, J.R. Rotem and Just Blaze return to give T.I.P. the vainglorious beats.

No comments: